Restaurants navigating through post lockdown
Restaurants in corona 2020, a whole new battle. The rules during Corona 2020 are going to be changing frequently as we all navigate through this crazy time so we are going to try to keep are service industry friends as updated as possible. Now that quarantine is slowly being taken away in the state of Texas we wanted to go over some friendly tips on how to keep yourself safe while still serving drinks. Restaurants can now be open at 25% capacity, this is great news if you are in the service industry. It can also be scary news if you are in the service industry and worried about keeping your self and others around you safe.
Tips on serving drinks and keeping safe
- We asked several of our friends in the service industry what their best tips on keeping safe are and these were our most common answers
- Wear gloves while serving. Even with gloves remember to try not too touch your face or eyes
- Sanitize! Have your work set up sanitizing stations and do so through out your shift.
- Keep your distance while taking orders.
- At all times that you are not talking to a customer wear a mask.
- wash hands/gloves, or replace gloves in between serving drinks.
- Immediately when you arrive home take your clothing and put it into the washer
- if you do not feel well do not come in!
- If you don’t feel well, don’t serve!
What are the new restaurant in corona restrictions?
What happens if restaurants don’t follow the new restrictions?
Is it safe to go back to my job as waiter/waitress/bartender?
This is a question we have received a lot. Unfortunately their is no universal answer. If you are immune comprised we will suggest continuing to self isolate. If you are not immune comprised, not sick, and trust your employer to keep your working conditions safe, than yes.
Going back to a job where waiters/waitress/bartenders are meant to be social can be difficult. Make sure and follow all of the above tips to stay safe. Keep socializing down but use body language and a smile (if you aren’t wearing a mask) to let your customers know you are happy they are here and safe.
One of our favorite bartenders suggest writing notes on bills, napkins to keep things fun at your restaurant. We are all experiencing this for the first time so it never hurts to try to lighten someones day.
Stay safe and happy serving